Wednesday, January 14, 2015

OUR KITCHEN AFTER THE HOLIDAYS


Hello, everyone!
I have to tell you taking all the Christmas decorations down has been a job and a half. :)
I think the hard part has been to store everything back in place, for some reason, my bins have multiplied. :)

That brought me to have to clean our storage space to make room for everything. What a disaster!
I am happy to say, after almost two weeks of continued work, the house is now back in order. WOW! 

Of course, everything feels really empty and without color after all the bright lights and colors of Christmas.
Anyway, today I am sharing with you a glimpse of our kitchen cleaned and ready for the winter months.



On the island you will find the same tray and pitcher I used last month. I just added to it a couple of flowers 
to keep us happy during the winter months :) a little burlap. my old monogrammed plate 
and the fleur de lis candles that rarely leave my kitchen. :)






The breakfast area is very simple.
All I did was made new pillows covers for the chairs and window seat.The rest are the items we had for years.










I thank you all for stopping by today.
Enjoy the rest of your day!




9 comments:

  1. Perfect and lovely as always dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty kitchen! I love your new pillow covers and how nice to have a window seat in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very nice, Maria Elena. All fresh and ready for the rest of the winter months. Love the pillows! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is lovely. I have that job yet to do after friends visit for a tea next week.
    Can you come by and help me, please? Lol
    Wishing you a beautiful evening,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks very lovely, Maria Elena. I'm getting the impression that most of us enjoy a simple and more subdued period after the holidays. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It does feel good to have it all put away doesn't it! Your kitchen looks great. Love the island with your tray and the arrangement on it. I don't remember the bay window- it's great and I'm loving the bird cages. The pillows look pretty there- adds some extra softness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new pillows! Everything looks so neat and orderly! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful kitchen. I love the trio of birdcages on the window seat. Everything looks so bare after Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel your pain on finding the storage space to tuck away all of those bins that tend to multiply over the holidays each year. My Christmas is down but it is still in the process of being spirited away to the storage unit. Your kitchen is looking pretty and fresh with it's Tuscan touches for the new year. The window seat looks wonderful with it's new pillow covers and those charming birdcages arranged so artfully in the corner.... Candy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...